[CentOS] Possible to use multiple disk to bypass I/O wait?

Thu Jun 16 02:04:59 UTC 2011
Emmanuel Noobadmin <centos.admin at gmail.com>

On 6/16/11, Gordon Messmer <yinyang at eburg.com> wrote:

> I read somewhere recently that people were complaining abut LVM overhead
> and poor performance, but I've never seen any evidence of it.  Was there
> something that made you think that LVM had significant overhead?

Looking at some very sparse notes I made on the decision, I think what
tipped the choice was that both qcow2 and lvm added overheads, but lvm
was on the whole system i.e. the host has additional processing on
every i/o whereas qcow2 overheads was only for guest i/o. More
critically my note was the thought as well that it would be easier to
move a qcow2 file to another machine/disk if necessary than to move a
partition.