[CentOS] inconsistent DNS results - ping vs dig vs nslookup

Wed Jun 22 17:42:57 UTC 2011
Ljubomir Ljubojevic <office at plnet.rs>

robert henrichs wrote:
> I am getting what I believe to be inconsistent replies/results from
> my CentOs machine, trying to ping URLs.  Pinging by URL fails the DNS
> lookup, while pinging the IP address (that should have been returned)
> works.  The DNS lookup also fails NSLOOKUP, but interestingly, dig
> and wget return A records with the correct IP.
>
> Robert Henrichs.

wget has *not* returned correct IP! Only nslookup and dig.

First try to use only google DNS servers: 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4, and if
that does not help, and your only problem is with only that domain, you
will have to contact support where domain is parked, and see is that helps.

Only relevant info is in resolve.conf, there is no need to look at
network configuration if you can ping IP's.

Ljubomir