[CentOS] how do determine last file system on disk?

Sat Jun 25 17:11:55 UTC 2011
Keith Roberts <keith at karsites.net>

On Sat, 25 Jun 2011, Always Learning wrote:

> From: Always Learning <centos at u6.u22.net>
> Subject: Re: [CentOS] how do determine last file system on disk?
>

>> Does anyone know how to determine which file system a disk was
>> formatted with, if fdisk -l doesn't show it?
>
> I would use gparted from the command line or from Gnome's /
> Applications / System Tools menu
>
> yum install gparted

Yes I second that. I prefer to use the GUI version, as you
can see at a glance all you need to know about a drive's
partitions.

Plus you can make a screenshot of a disk's partitions, in
case you loose a disk and have to replace it, and
re-partition it, like I had to earlier this year. Just
follow whats on the screenshot.

Kind Regards,

Keith Roberts

Websites: