[CentOS] OpenOffice 3.3.0 crashing on CentOS 5.5

Tue Jun 28 19:52:32 UTC 2011
Wade Hampton <wadehamptoniv at gmail.com>

On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 1:55 PM, Ljubomir Ljubojevic <office at plnet.rs> wrote:
> Wade Hampton wrote:
>> Not sure if I can (corporate computer).  I just created
>> a sample spreadsheet with text and numbers and kept
>> typing in text and numbers.  Nothing fancy.  It crashes
>> after a short time.
>
> I meant something without real data, but that crashes.
>

>> I have several extensions.  Could that be the problem:
>>   arrows 3D and some Clipart
>>   English spelling and hyphenation
>>   French and Spanish dictionary
>>   OOOP accessories
>>   OOOP templates
>>   postgresql-sdbc
>>   Professional Template Pack
>>   Python Calculator
>>

> Then try disabling those extensions one by one.

The extension manager hangs when trying to remove.  I removed
all under the ~/.openoffice.org/3/user/uno_packages and restarted.
I'm testing now but I suspect that is the main problem and will post
if it was successful or not....

I still have a problem with selecting regions in drawings and
spreadsheets which will cause OO to use 100% CPU -- a separate
problem (and quite rare).

Thanks,
--
Wade