[CentOS] Anyway to ensure SSH availability?

Wed Jun 29 20:16:03 UTC 2011
Rainer Duffner <rainer at ultra-secure.de>

Am 29.06.2011 um 22:08 schrieb Max Pyziur:

>> Am 29.06.2011 um 21:50 schrieb Emmanuel Noobadmin:
>>

>>> Since I'm not the only person who face problems trying to remotely
>>> access a locked up server, surely somebody must had come up with a
>>> solution that didn't involve somebody/something hitting the power
>>> button?
>>

>> Yes, it's called "out of band management".
>> Have dial-in access to IPMI/iLO interfaces or just an APC remote
>> controlled power-switch to power-off the server.
>
> Perhaps this suggestion is applicable:
> setup a cron job where the sshd server is restarted (once or several
> times
> per day, or per week, etc).

If the problem is lack of I/O, only power-on/off will work.
Or shutting down the offending process(es).

OOB-management is a necessity nevertheless.
You don't have to be control-freak to love it ;-)