[CentOS] Anyway to ensure SSH availability?

Wed Jun 29 21:12:12 UTC 2011
Emmanuel Noobadmin <centos.admin at gmail.com>

On 6/30/11, Robert Heller <heller at deepsoft.com> wrote:
> If the problem is excessive load because Sendmail / Mimedefang / spamd /
> etc. is too busy handling tons of mail/spam being dumped on your server, you
> might want to look at these sendmail options:

Mail was my first suspect because I had similar issues with exim/spamd
locking up bad on another server. But usually that includes a high cpu
% as well. Although this suspicion did help me pinpoint one of the
causes, a script that periodically went through the email
accounts/Maildirs and that was fixed from learning about ionice on the
list.

For a while I thought problem solved, but these couple of days, it's
acting up again and nothing's jumping out screaming "I'm the problem!"
and not being able to SSH to see what's exactly going on is making it
difficult.