[CentOS] Centos|Windows Cross Platform File Managers

Thu Jun 30 20:00:12 UTC 2011
Keith Roberts <keith at karsites.net>

On Thu, 30 Jun 2011, Keith Roberts wrote:

> From: Keith Roberts <keith at karsites.net>
> Subject: [CentOS] Centos|Windows Cross Platform File Managers
>
> Greetings all!
>
> Can anyone recommend a Midnight Commander like file manager
> that will run on Windows Vista please? I have downloaded and
> installed 2 MC's for Vista, but the actual MC user window
> running under Vista is very small compared to my screens
> real estate, and I cannot seem to make it fill half the
> screen.
>
> I have found Double Commander for Windows:
>
> http://doublecmd.sourceforge.net/
>
> and installed that, and wondered if there is a version of
> Double Commander available for Centos please?
>
> Any decent File Manager that will run on Centos and Windows
> would be fine. That way I can easily switch between the two
> OSes as needed, and be comfortable using just one
> cross-platform file manager.

Answering my own post :)

I have downloaded DC from here:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/doublecmd/files/DC%20for%20Linux%2032%20bit/Double%20Commander%200.4.5.2%20beta/doublecmd-0.4.5.2-1.gtk2.i386.tar.bz2/download

and got the GTK2 version, which works OK for me on Centos
5.6, and it is compiled with Free Pascal. The Qt version did
work for me.

Basically it's a precompiled binary, ready to run, similar
to the way Eclipse IDE works out of the box.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/doublecmd/files/DC%20for%20Linux%2032%20bit/Double%20Commander%200.4.5.2%20beta/doublecmd-0.4.5.2-1.gtk2.i386.tar.bz2/download

I need to configure it now, and check out it's operation.

Kind Regards,

Keith

Websites:
http://www.karsites.net