[CentOS] how to control sftp's user file folder

Stephen Harris lists at spuddy.org
Wed Mar 2 04:26:58 UTC 2011

On Tue, Mar 01, 2011 at 08:16:52PM -0500, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:
> > 2011/3/1 Stephen Harris <lists at spuddy.org>:
> >> OpenSSH5 requires nothing inside the jail area for chroot sftp; that's
> >> why it's "sftp-internal".

> They got that ***working***? I thought Theo had sworn that chroot
> cages would never be supported this way, as a "fundamentally wrong"
> approach!

I've no idea of OpenBSDs SSH supports it, but OpenSSH portable does, and
it works well as a way of providing *sftp only* locked down areas.

(chroot for shell access probably works as well, but not recommended for
all the historical reasons - copies it various /lib files, /dev etc etc)

--

rgds
Stephen