[CentOS] virtualization on the desktop a myth, or a reality?

aurfalien at gmail.com aurfalien at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 21:32:50 UTC 2011

On Mar 3, 2011, at 1:18 PM, Lamar Owen wrote:

> On Thursday, March 03, 2011 04:04:42 pm Rudi Ahlers wrote:
>> Although it's not there yet, I'm sure we'll get there sooner than
>> expected
>
> To be fair to VMware Fusion on OS X, the graphics acceleration is
> fantastic, running Windows 7 in full Aero mode with no problems.
> But it still can't keep accurate time.

In general yes its fine, but for specific targeted needs,
virtualization may not be a viable option which I think was the point.

I think pass through is very very cool which VMware Player/Fusion
doesn't do regarding graphics.

Having multiple cards/resources in a host and doling em out/dedicating
them to any VM would be very cool.

Hence PVOPS 2.6.32 and Xen 4.0.1.

Although KVM is also supposed to do this.

- aurf