[CentOS] Gnu Screen - terminal issues

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 01:21:37 UTC 2011

On 3/3/2011 6:46 PM, Dr. Ed Morbius wrote:

>> NX works on Linux too. But 'locally' to me means a bunch of different
>> machines.
>
> I'm aware of that.  However the power of tunneled X sessions (when
> necesary) and ssh (when not) makes having a full-desktop tool (NX, VNC,
> etc.) markedly less attractive.

Oh - NX runs entirely over ssh in the default setup.  You don't need any
other ports and the whole session is encrypted.  Plus it gives
reasonable performance over high latency and low bandwidth connections.

And you can still tunnel 'other' X windows into your freenx desktop if
you want - it is just a normal X session on that end.

--
    Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com