[CentOS] Xen stack scheme

Jussi Hirvi

listmember at greenspot.fi
Fri Mar 4 08:28:22 UTC 2011

I need to restructure my server farm from tower PC:s to a minimal amount
of 1U rack servers. I am going to rely on xen virtualization, as KVM
seems not to be very mature yet.

My current problem is the mail server, which uses a lot of CPU and I/O.
A dedicated machine would be the best option. But would there be any
sense in this:

- run the mail server in xen dom0 (to get full native performance)
- append a couple of light-weight servers as domU:s (like name server)

- Jussi Hirvi

--
Jussi Hirvi * Green Spot
Topeliuksenkatu 15 C * 00250 Helsinki * Finland