[CentOS] Centos 6

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Fri Mar 4 13:42:02 UTC 2011

robert mena wrote:
> Well, I am just telling that since there is no actual schedule, no plans
> to change the way things are handled (lack of communication, treat this as
> personal project etc) the best way to simply forget about it.
>
> The solution is good now and will be good whenever it appears.  So there
<snip>
Actually, it strikes me that I *do* have a question: what are the main
problems in the build/release? Has RH deliberately obscured some part(s)
of its build process, or made prerequisites utterly dependent upon
specific versions of libraries - that is, more than y'all have had to deal
with before?

Note that this is a question about the problemss, *not* about how y'all
are going about it, nor whining that I Want It Yesterday!!! As someone who
spent a lot of years as a developer (and let's not talk about the death
march at a former Baby Bell), I like to know the kinds of problems that
are ongoing, so I can get some feel for what's going on.

    mark "sorry, no time to do some of the real work, RL is overwhelming
at the moment"