[CentOS] Gnu Screen - terminal issues

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 21:09:13 UTC 2011

On 3/4/2011 12:07 PM, Dr. Ed Morbius wrote:

> I think you're fundamentally failing to understand my operating mode.
>
> Local system == Linux === my administrative center.
>
> Remote hosts.  May be a dozen.  May be 20,000.  Or some number between
> or beyond.

After reading this again, I'm wondering if you thought I was advocating
running NX sessions directly to some large number of remote hosts.  I
didn't mean that.  I just park a desktop session in a convenient place
that doesn't happen to be at my own desk but I can pretend like it is,
and almost all of my remote work originates from this desktop, mostly in
terminal windows.

I do have a few other sessions for work in a remote lab, access to VM's
and some experimental stuff, but those are special cases where it is
handy to only connect as needed.

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com