[CentOS] Load balancing...

David Brian Chait dchait at invenda.com
Mon Mar 7 06:36:58 UTC 2011

> On Mon, Mar 7, 2011 at 4:40 AM, Tim Dunphy <bluethundr at gmail.com> wrote:
> however for my purpose open and free HAProxy remains best choice!!

> +1 for HAProxy; excellent piece of software.

It really depends on your needs, if you are building a production ops environment then the last thing that you would want would be an unsupported/home grown solution. You need to consider the potential risks involved in implementing a poorly understood / virtually unsupported solution that in all likelihood only you would understand vs. a standard solution with an SLA behind it and an upgrade path going forward.