[CentOS] Security updates for CentOS-5

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Wed Mar 9 16:47:09 UTC 2011

On 03/09/2011 04:45 PM, Mark Foster wrote:
> Hello, I was wondering why there haven't seemed to be any security
> updates for centos-5 since Jan 6. Per
> https://rhn.redhat.com/errata/rhel-server-errata.html there are a ton of
> outstanding issues.
> Thanks.

All of those apply to 5.6 ( where apply implies that they link into 5.6
code; which literally just got finalised in the last day or so ).

Having said that, I've done a fair bit of work on the updates and hope
to get them released into the 5.5/updates tree either later today or
tomorrow. It might be a case of first hosting them into a testing repo,
publicly so more people can confirm that deep linking and inherited
issues are no longer a 'breaker'. But that testing will need to be
fairly short and sweet, keep an eye on centos-devel for more info

- KB