[CentOS] scanning under CentOS

Boris Epstein

borepstein at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 18:54:30 UTC 2011

Hello listmates,

I've got an HP Officejet 7110 All-in-One Printer which I am trying to
get to scan for us. Details on the printer/scanner/FAX here:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/product?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&product=91472

Now xsane seems to handle individual pages OK but multiplage scans
through the ADF - that seems to be a complete mess. Hence the
questions:

1) Is there a good scanner interface package that would allow me to
just load the paper into the ADF, say "go" and watch the scanner go
through the pages I've put in and produce an output file when it's
done?

2) Has anyone worked with the scanner I am trying to use? What was
your experience like when you did?

Thanks.

Boris.