[CentOS] Server hangs on CentOS 5.5

Michael Eager eager at eagerm.com
Wed Mar 9 22:31:33 UTC 2011

Dr. Ed Morbius wrote:

> If the issue is repeated but rare system failures on one of a set of
> similarly configured hosts, I'd RMA the box and get a replacement.  End
> of story.

I'll repeat:  this is a house-made system.  There's no vendor to RMA to.
It seems obvious to me:  RMA is not a diagnostic tool.

> If you'd post
> details of the host, more logging information, netconsole panic logs,
> etc., it might be possible to narrow down possible causes.

The problem is that there are NO DIAGNOSTICS generated when the
system hangs.  There's no panic and nothing in the logs which
indicates any problem.  This is what I indicated from the get go.

> With what you've posted to date, it's not.

I could waste my time posting logs for you to tell me that they don't
point to any problem.  I'd rather skip that step.

Michael Eager	 eager at eagercon.com
1960 Park Blvd., Palo Alto, CA 94306  650-325-8077