[CentOS] Which file system to use for a USB backup

Todd Cary todd at aristesoftware.com
Wed Mar 9 23:51:34 UTC 2011

Les -

A lot of the data needs to be moved in time to servers in other
organizations (e.g. Rotary) or the data may be used as a
repository for someone with just a notebook computer who would
plug the HD into the computer.  This is not my main data backup;
I use rsync for that.
http://www.toddcary.com/rotary/ is one example of data that needs
to be shared.

Can rsync take ext4 data and copy it to a fat32 drive?

Todd

--
Ariste Software
Petaluma, CA 94952