[CentOS] screen saver unlock dialog window is not visible in clone mode

Nico Kadel-Garcia nkadel at gmail.com
Sat Mar 12 04:32:31 UTC 2011

On Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 8:30 AM, DarkKnight BrightWarrior
<bindasbeast at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Environment:
> I am using CentOS 5.3 operating system. I upgraded xorg of centos to 7.3.
> I am using intel 945 GM board. My xorg server version is 1.4.2 and inetl
> driver version 2.4.3.
> gnome-screensaver version is 2.16.1-8.el5.

Don't..... do that if you don't have to. You're trying to marry a far
updated component to an out of date OS. *At least* update to CentOS
5.5 before proceeding, to avoid out-of-date component and kernel
issues which Xorg 7.3 may rely on without even your knowledge.

I've done precisely this kind of thing several times of the last 20
years, and you can save a lot of pain by making sure your base OS is
up to date.

> Problem:
> I connected another system of same hardware using VGA output. Now I can see
> clone of my system on secondary display.
> I enabled screensaver with 1 minute period and also enabled locking feature
> using gnome-screensaver-preferences.
> After 1 minute screensaver appeared on both primary and secondary displays.
> But when I move mouse or press any key, Screen saver unlock dialog is not
> appearing.
> But when I type password, I am able to comeout of screensaver. So Screensver
> unlock dialog is there but it is not visible.
> When I remove secondary display, I mean when I am in single display mode
> screen saver unlock dialog is visible and working fine.
> So what could be the problem that causing screensaver unlock dialog window
> to appear/visible in clone/extended monitor mode.

What is this "same hardware"? And how did you install Xorg 7.3?