[CentOS] Mumble gamers' VOIP server (murmur)

Kenneth Porter

shiva at sewingwitch.com
Sun Mar 13 01:57:42 UTC 2011

I was unable to build the whole Mumble system on CentOS but it's available
for Fedora Development. I just wanted the server part on my headless
server, and a static build is available from the Mumble project on
Sourceforge. So I grabbed the Mumble SRPM from Fedora Development, the
static build from Sourceforge, and stripped the spec file down to the
minimum needed to just install the static-build server. You'll find the
result here:

<http://sewingwitch.com/ken/Stuff/murmur-1.2.3-11.kp.src.rpm>

If you're paranoid (a good admin should be), just unpack to use the spec
file and grab the sources from Fedora Development and Sourceforge and
overwrite those included in the SRPM before building.