[CentOS] Mumble gamers' VOIP server (murmur)

Michael Simpson mikie.simpson at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 10:39:09 UTC 2011

On 13 March 2011 09:03, Kenneth Porter <shiva at sewingwitch.com> wrote:
> I found a bug in the RPM: /etc/murmur needs to be owned by
> mumble-server.mumble-server so that it can write to its sqlite DB.

There is a great write up in the section "tips and tricks" on the
mumble website for installing it on CentOS
google knows about it
it involves using the static build from sourceforge and extracting the
conf and init files from the mandriva rpm then adding the necessary
group and user
works a treat and "free-er" than teamspeak 3

mike