[CentOS] security updates?

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Fri Mar 18 00:32:37 UTC 2011

Sorin Srbu wrote:

> Can we please, please, pretty please with a cherry on top, not start this
> dance again?

Don't you think there is something slightly farcical
about posting messages suggesting people should stop posting messages?

> V5.6 will be done when it's done, okay?

I don't think the OP did ask when 5.6 would be ready.
What he/she said, IIRC, was that Karanbir had suggested
that 5.6 would be out last week,
and he/she was asking if there had been a problem.

This seems a perfectly reasonable question to me.

Personally, I am very grateful to Karanbir and his accomplices
for what I find an excellent OS,
and I don't really care when 5.6 or 6 come out,
as the present version works perfectly well for me.

However, I don't think people who ask reasonable questions politely
should be castigated for doing so.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net