[CentOS] respawning apache on centos

Charles Polisher cpolish at surewest.net
Sat Mar 19 22:29:28 UTC 2011

Dave Stevens wrote:
> Rajagopal Swaminathan wrote:
> > Greetings,
> >
> > Dave Stevens <geek at uniserve.com> wrote:
> > > Hi
> > >
> > > I have a centos instance on a host where uname -a shows:
> > >
> > > Linux cl28810.com 2.6.18-194.26.1.el5.028stab079.2PAE #1 SMP Fri Dec 17
> > > 19:34:22 MSK 2010 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

I apologize for this late reply, have been occupied elsewhere.

Consider configuring Apache's server-status feature:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_status.html
It won't specifically help with memory issues, at least
not directly, but it is a good starting point when tuning
Apache.

Here are specific Apache tuning tips:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/misc/perf-tuning.html

You can place a test-load on your server and get some
baseline statistics about the server's performance
characteristics using Apache's benchmark utility:
/usr/sbin/ab -n 1000 -c 10 http://localhost/server-status
so you'll have a point of reference for where your attempts
to tune it are going.

I wouldn't expect RAM to be the limiting factor for Apache,
perhaps some feature in Drupal is leaking memory? What does
top say about the
--
Charles Polisher