[CentOS] Affordable KVM over IP switch

Devin Reade gdr at gno.org
Tue Mar 22 14:34:40 UTC 2011

Michael B Allen <ioplex at gmail.com> wrote:

> Are there any KVM over IP switches that are not thousands of dollars?
> Ideally a 3-4 port switch for a few hundred seems reasonable to me.

I can attest that the Adderlink iPEPS and iPEPS-DA are excellent units.
They're both in the 500-1000 range.  They're intended for a single
machine, but as long as your access policies allow for it, putting
an electronic KVM switch (~$200) between multiple servers and the
iPEPS works well.

You're not going to find much that is usable under that price range.
Some of the lower end solutions from other vendors are windows-IE-only.
The iPEPS uses encrypted VNC.

--
	Everyone has a photographic memory.  Some don't have film.
							- Steven Wright