[CentOS] The delays on CentOS 5.6 are causing EPEL incompatibilities

Tom H tomh0665 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 08:54:02 UTC 2011

On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 2:29 AM, Sam Trenholme
<strenholme.usenet at gmail.com> wrote:

> As an open-source developer, I understand the frustration of working
> hard and having a lot of freeloaders not appreciating my work. I feel
> people posting here talking about how unprofessional CentOS is acting
> are completely missing the point: CentOS is acting unprofessional
> because, well, they aren't being paid. Being professional means that
> money is changing hands.

Being a professional isn't just a question of money; it's also a
question of attitude and presentation.

The developers' "use something else if you're unhappy" replies are
unprofessional, no matter what their level of frustration with the
criticism being directed at them might be.