[CentOS] Affordable KVM over IP switch

Devin Reade gdr at gno.org
Wed Mar 23 16:22:33 UTC 2011

--On Wednesday, March 23, 2011 03:19:49 AM +0000 Miguel Medalha
<miguelmedalha at sapo.pt> wrote:

> The D-Links are NOT suitable for professional use. I used one of their
> models and it hanged on me multiple times. Because it is powered by the
> keyboard/mouse/video connectors, the only way to recover it is to
> physically disconnect ALL cables and reconnect them again.

Ok, I won't argue with that; a "it fails in this scenario" overrides
a "it works for me".  I will add though, that were it got into the state
described above was where I was able to recover it by using the reset
button.  You might want to try that next time instead of the cable
disconnect solution.

But no, it shouldn't happen to begin with, and that power aspect is
clearly a design flaw.

If I had a better make/model to recommend, I'd mention it, but I don't.
I suspect that they are out there, but I can't say which.

Devin