[CentOS] The delays on CentOS 5.6 are causing EPEL incompatibilities

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 18:11:03 UTC 2011

On 3/23/2011 10:40 AM, R P Herrold wrote:

> Sometimes looking at the list and the posts, I feel like I am
> watching a group of nuns, talking (speculating) about the life
> issues of Las Vegas showgirls

The showgirls are picky about who they let under the covers.  So I
suppose we have to wait for the movie version to get the inside story...

> It is not the end of the world when one hits a build problem,
> as the sources, at the end of the day, are provided, and one
> can study and read.

It is just hard for an outsider to reconcile the statements about the
build process not needing any changes or more resources with the lack of
a target time.  Or that binary compatibility is the critical thing with
the distribution becoming incompatible with 3rd party repositories built
against upstream's current base.  Or that it is easy enough to do by
yourself with problems delaying a release.  The parts just don't seem to
fit together.

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com