[CentOS] {OT] Re: Installing IMA (Integrity Measurement Architecture) on CentOS 5.5

Rajagopal Swaminathan

raju.rajsand at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 18:48:52 UTC 2011

Greetings,

On 3/24/11, Akemi Yagi <amyagi at gmail.com> wrote:
>  I should note, however, that they are not for production use.
>
> Akemi

Thanks Akemi very much for your always relevant and brilliant works.

</rant>
As an Indian, where "veda" repository of knowledge originated, I have
always looked at every member of this list as a repository of
knowledge.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vedas

I am presuming you are of Japanese origin. together India and Japan
have had a very, very long shared history indeed :
http://www.ece.lsu.edu/kak/VedicJapan.pdf

I stand in awe in front of the giant of the members fo this list.

i am almost about to rollover to the so-called "golden" age of 50,
(the origin of these jubilees of which I am unaware of) My respectful
namo namaH  (in ITRANS encoding) to all the members.

I am sure you have heard of Hanuman from Ramayana the best grammarian known?

</rant>

Having said that, I have this troubling thought for last decade: What
exactly is high availability: is it 24/7 power on time? or is ti "when
needed". Please not it am not talking about the maybe arrogant  "on
demand" attitude of a human.

I have been a member of this, linux-cluster, and other lists for
alomst half a decade.

I have managed a two node Hearbeat/DRBD setup for about 2 years which
was transformed into a two-node (which became a three) node RHCS
cluster at least for about two Quarters.

This under extreme circumstances in India like 4 hours of (Electrical
Power Load Shedding) outage every day with no fencing device.

I can claim I at least tried that mating dance with those two beasts
and (horror of horror) the breeding ground of PHB (vnbrims.org) with
about 200 PHB without any significant assistance.

I never understood the term "Hig Availability" : does it mean
available as in "soliciting" ?

What exactly those lusers want? and what exactly we self declared high
tech droids / engineers seek?

What exactly is "production" use? (I know DEV, UAT, blah, bla,  tla
etc been there done that and I don't have the T shirt - nobody gave me
one)

Always with warm regards only,

Rajagopal