[CentOS] Remote-logging nginx? (or other non-syslog-enabled stuff)

Dr. Ed Morbius

dredmorbius at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 20:23:38 UTC 2011

I'm looking for suggestions as to a good general method of
remote-logging services such as nginx or anything else which doesn't
support syslog natively.

I'm aware that there's an nginx patch, and we're evaluating this.  It
may be the way we fly.

However there are other tools which may not have a patch for which
remote logging would be useful.  If there's a general soution (something
as naive as tailing local logs and firing these off on a regular basis).

I've heard rumors of a Perl script used for apache logs.

Also that rsyslog supports logging from local files to a remote syslog
server, possibly.  I'm RTFMing on that.

Thanks in advance.

--
Dr. Ed Morbius, Chief Scientist /            |
  Robot Wrangler / Staff Psychologist        | When you seek unlimited power