[CentOS] Kernel Panic on HP/Compaq ProLiant G7

Windsor Dave L. (AdP/TEF7) Dave.Windsor at us.bosch.com
Fri Mar 25 15:59:51 UTC 2011

On 3/25/2011 7:51 AM, John Doe wrote:
> From: Dave Windsor<Dave.Windsor at us.bosch.com>
>
>> Today,  there are not high I/O loads.  This server was intended to
>> replace two  older HP-UX servers.  I had just begun to migrate the
>> workload to the  new server when the crashes began to occur.  There are
>> some minor,  sporadic I/O loads but nothing that I would think could
>> trigger the bug  discussed in your link.  However, I haven't measured the
>> workload  closely yet, so there could be spikes.
>
> Tried hpdiags?
> Checked in the bios logs? (hplog -v)
> If you can, boot on the SmartStart CD and run the diag tests.
>
> JD

I hadn't thought about the diagnostics on the SmartStart CD - that's a
good idea.  I'll have to move the workload off to another server first,
though.

Best Regards,

Dave Windsor

Robert Bosch LLC
Team Leader, MES Database Infrastructure Group (AdP/TEF7.1)
4421 Highway 81 North
Anderson, SC 29621 USA
www.bosch.us

Tel: 1 (864) 260-8459