[CentOS] Corporate support for CentOS

Gary Scarborough

gscarborough at gmail.com
Sat Mar 26 21:16:05 UTC 2011

There have been a number of recent conversations on the developer list and
this list about CentOS.  My initial thought was why not have CentOS and SL
merge.  Since they have different goals I can understand the reason not to.
So my next question is, has no corporate entity offered to sponsor full time
people to work on CentOS?  It seems like a lot of companies use CentOS for
various things.  I can't believe no one is willing to help speed development
by paying for people to build full time.  Has this subject come up before?