[CentOS] Installing php-mcrypt

Gregory P. Ennis PoMec at PoMec.Net
Mon Mar 28 03:48:43 UTC 2011

It has been 6 years since I set up my Linux server and have
hardly had to touch it in all of those years other than running
yum update, so I ma rusty in some of the fine details (especially
at 72).

I located a source for the php-mcrypt rpm
(php-mcrypt-5.1.6-15.el5.centos.1.i386.rpm), however, isn't there
an easier method to get and install the appropriate rpm - other
than downloading it then running rpm?  And when should I use yum
rather than rpm?

For those of you that use Linux daily, these are very simple
question, and for that please accept my apologies.

Dr. Todd

--------------------------

Dr. Todd,

Login to the root account

Type in the following :
yum search php-mcrypt

you should get something like :

php-mcrypt.x86_64 : Standard PHP module provides mcrypt library support

If this is what you want type in :

yum install php-mycrypt

Have Fun!!!

Greg