[CentOS] Creating the symbolic links in the /boot and /boot/grub/

Wed Mar 9 02:58:59 UTC 2011
Todd Cary <todd at aristesoftware.com>

I started a new thread since the original one is getting rather long.

I have retrieved the files I deleted in /boot and /boot/grub,
however I need to make links for

/boot/System.map  (System.map -> System.map-2.6.9-89.35.1)
/boot/vmlinuz  (vmlinuz -> vmlinuz-2.6.9-89.35.1)
/boot/grub/menu.lst (menu.lst -> ./grub.conf)

If it was not so important to get it correct, I would appreciate
the syntax for the command.  Usually I would figure it out.

Since I have restored the files (I will double check to make sure
they are all there), do I need to run grub-install?

My apologies for bothering everyone with such a dumb error on my
part.

Todd

--
Ariste Software