[CentOS] debugging auto mount configuration

Fri Mar 11 13:22:49 UTC 2011
Boris Epstein <borepstein at gmail.com>

Hello there,

I successfully use automount to mount a large XFS pargtition on one
CentOS 5.5 machine. I then tried to do the same thing on a different
machine - and it simply would not work! The configuration is done in
the same fashion, I checked and double-checked the syntax - but it is
still a no go. When I use the mount command the partition mounts
perfectly.

I have tried running

automount --debug

and

automount --verbose

and thus far have not seen any messages that would shed any light on
what's going on.

So I am a bit lost at the moment. Any advice on how to proceed would
be much appreciated.

Boris.