[CentOS] ESXi 4.1 and Cluster Fencing

Wed Mar 23 22:19:34 UTC 2011
Machin, Greg <Greg.Machin at openpolytechnic.ac.nz>

Hi.
I'm new to configuring Clustering .

The CentOS 5.5 guest machines will be running on ESXi 4.1 . I'm configuring the clustering using "Conga" . I see that there is support for using ESX to do the fencing. The problem I have is that the guest machines are not allowed to have access the "management network" as per security policies. The guest machines don't no access to the management IPs of any of the hardware  as per security policies.  How should I implement fencing.

Thanks

Greg Machin
Systems Administrator - Linux
Infrastructure Group, Information Services
[cid:image001.gif at 01CBEA14.4DD102E0]
Phone +64 4 914 5254 or 0508 650200 ext 5254 | Fax +64 4 913 5759
3 Cleary Street, Waterloo | Private Bag 31914, Lower Hutt 5040
http://www.openpolytechnic.ac.nz
[cid:image002.gif at 01CBEA14.4DD102E0]Please consider the environment before printing this email.