[CentOS] My new server

Sat Mar 26 12:39:32 UTC 2011
Timothy Murphy <gayleard at eircom.net>

I bought a very cheap server yesterday -
an HP ProLiant micro server for 160 euro
(280 euro with 120 cashback, for some reason).

But I was surprised when I opened the box
to find it didn't come with keyboard or mouse,
and doesn't have the old keyboard/mouse sockets,
but requires USB versions.
Is that the norm nowadays?
Is it possible to convert the old keyboard/mouse plugs?

Also there is no CD drive.
But there are extensive instructions (on a CD!)
about how to instal RHEL-5.5.

I'm not complaining, just surprised.
I got it as a fall-back for my aging server.
The ProLiant is incredibly quiet, at least by comparison.

One last thing - there is only one ethernet socket.
This surprised me a little,
as I can't see how it can be used as a server,
without adding a second ethernet input?

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net