[CentOS] Centos+AD integration (uid/gid problems)

Tue Mar 29 17:07:46 UTC 2011
nux at li.nux.ro <nux at li.nux.ro>

Hi,

I need to have several EL machines in an AD env.
Joining the machines was easier than expected using authconfig, but what
happens now is that blahdomain\blahuser gets assigned a
different, random ID each time I use a different station.
In AD I did specify the UID and GID in the UNIX Attributes tab for blahuser,
but it gets totally ignored; so do the other values (for home, shell etc).

Ideally I'd have all the users assigned a static uid and gid from AD and
have /home on all machines mounted from NFS; but right now if I log in with
blahuser to another machine my $HOME is owned by another random id.

Sugesstions? What am I missing? I'm quite a noob with Windows :)

Cheers