[CentOS] virtualization on the desktop a myth, or a reality?

Wed Mar 2 20:12:33 UTC 2011
Dag Wieers <dag at wieers.com>

On Wed, 2 Mar 2011, David Sommerseth wrote:

> Other than that, SPICE is probably the future [1] on Linux.  That should
> slowly begin to be useful in RHEL5, RHEL6 and Fedora 14, if I'm not much
> mistaken.  Not sure how much is implemented in RHEL5/CentOS5 though.
> However, for SPICE to work, you need to use KVM.  And you need the qemu-kvm
> part to initialise the SPICE display properly as well.

You need qemu-spice for using SPICE, which does not ship with RHEL5 or
RHEL6. On top of that, SPICE is only supported by Red Hat for RHEV, not
libvirt. That may change in the future, ... but when, nobody knows ;-)