[CentOS] virtualization on the desktop a myth, or a reality?

Wed Mar 2 21:16:13 UTC 2011
James Hogarth <james.hogarth at gmail.com>

> You need qemu-spice for using SPICE, which does not ship with RHEL5 or
> RHEL6. On top of that, SPICE is only supported by Red Hat for RHEV, not
> libvirt. That may change in the future, ... but when, nobody knows ;-)
>
> --

No you don't Dag.

qemu-kvm and libvirt in RHEL6 already supports SPICE... the only thing
that isn't included is support for it in virt-manager (that is coming
down the road) but you can enable it with virsh edit easily enough
following the XML definition at the libvirt fine.

I was playing with it last week - very impressive piece of technology.

James