[CentOS] virtualization on the desktop a myth, or a reality?

Wed Mar 2 21:19:49 UTC 2011
James Hogarth <james.hogarth at gmail.com>

>> KVM is included, you just have to select it. There is a loyal following of
>> Xen in the community, but I use KVM for my servers. I'm often called 'dumb'
>> for even talking about KVM, but I like it. (and I'm not saying, nor have I
>> ever said, that KVM is better than Xen)
>
> Yes, I know KVM is included, but at this stage XEN is the default and
> when you use the Virtual Machine Manager, it uses XEN.

Well RHEL will no longer support a XEN host in RHEL6....

KVM has matured and is being used pretty extensively...

Virt-manager doesn't only work with Xen - it just does that if it
detects you are on a Xen kernel...

Oh and you are running a Xen kernel - and Xen is not Linux so if your
desktop exhibits any bugs or odd behaviour then replicate it without
Xen first or else no one in the Redhat community will help you.

James