[CentOS] Centos 6 - What are you looking forward to?

Fri Mar 4 11:33:20 UTC 2011
Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org>

On 03/03/2011 11:44 PM, Jimmy Bradley wrote:
>     I do have one question about Cent OS 6.
> Sonetimes back, I remember reading that the plan was to spread the iso's
> over multiple cd's, rather than put it all on 1 dvd. Is that still the
> plan? As far as when it's released, I say take all the time you need.
> I'd rather have an os that works, than something that's just thrown
> together, and is about as stable as windows me, or vista.

That will depend upon how upstream wrote the item that splits the RPMs.
 The distros are getting so big now that it might not make sense to
continue to create CDs ... CentOS 5.6 will have at least 8 (and maybe 9)
CDs for x86_64.  I would expect that number to grow for CentOS 6.  In
fact, we already had to split 5.5 x86_64 over 2 DVDs, and both arches
for CentOS 6 will likely be 2 DVDs.