[CentOS] Centos 6 - What are you looking forward to?

Sat Mar 5 00:54:09 UTC 2011
Nico Kadel-Garcia <nkadel at gmail.com>

On Fri, Mar 4, 2011 at 7:57 AM, John Hodrien <J.H.Hodrien at leeds.ac.uk> wrote:
> On Fri, 4 Mar 2011, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:
>
>> Contemporary versions of git, subversion, and OpenSSH built-in. I'm
>> particularly looking forward to the built-in chroot capabilities and
>> GSSAPI support in OpenSSH, and the major release improvements to git
>> and subversion.
>
> What does the new GSSAPI support do for you?

Single sign-on. Your Windows clients, in the right environment, can
have their Kerberos tickets managed to allow Kerberos tickets, not
authorized_keys, to be used very effectively and reduce typing
!@#$!@#$ passwords or manipulating SSH keys. The "development" version
of Putty also has this built right in, though it's not made it to the
production version yet.