[CentOS] Centos 6 - What are you looking forward to?

Mon Mar 7 12:14:52 UTC 2011
John Hodrien <J.H.Hodrien at leeds.ac.uk>

On Mon, 7 Mar 2011, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:

> Have you backported OpenSSH 5.x to CentOS 5? Because I don't see the
> full features set without OpenSSH 5.x, such as "GSSApiKeyExchange".

Nope, I like the simple life.

> Hmm. What you've described is an ssh_config option, which is set to
> "no" by default.  I'll have to look into that. There have been some
> interesting..... traction issues with using the backported OpenSSH 5.x
> I'm currently reliant on for CentOS 5 and RHEL 5.

I'm stock 5.5:

openssh-server-4.3p2-41.el5_5.1
openssh-4.3p2-41.el5_5.1
openssh-clients-4.3p2-41.el5_5.1

Server needs:

GSSAPIAuthentication yes
GSSAPICleanupCredentials yes

Most probably you also want:

AllowGroups blah

Client needs:

GSSAPIAuthentication yes

If you want key forwarding, you also need:

GSSAPIDelegateCredentials yes

Works like a charm, and GSSAPI auth works with putty, delegation doesn't seem
to.

jh