[CentOS] Internet connection sharing? (OT)

Tue Mar 8 10:38:34 UTC 2011
Steve Barnes <steve at echo.id.au>

>>> Thank you very much for your reply.I am familiar with internet
>>> connection sharing on MS Windows as I have a third XP client on the
>>> same net connected to the internet.I tried as the following on my
>>> centos:
>>> #route add -net default gw 172.18.209.1
>>> Where this is the secondary ip address of the MS Windows host.But the
>>> centos cannot see the internet. Can you please let me know why?

Can you provide the IP details of this third XP client?

If memory serves, the ICS feature of Windows is hardcoded to use 192.168.0.0/24 as the private range. Further, there's no way to share the Internet connection to other subnets.

What happens if you configure the CentOS host as a DHCP client?

Steve