[CentOS] Dell PERC H800 commandline RAID monitoring tools

Tue Mar 8 14:47:03 UTC 2011
Ross Walker <rswwalker at gmail.com>

On Mar 7, 2011, at 3:43 PM, "Dr. Ed Morbius" <dredmorbius at gmail.com> wrote:

> We're looking for tools to be used in monitoring the PERC H800 arrays on
> a set of database servers running CentOS 5.5.
>
> We've installed most of the OMSA (Dell monitoring) suite.
>
> Our current alerting is happening through SNMP, though it's a bit hit or
> miss (we apparently missed a couple of earlier predictive failure alerts
> on one drive).
>
> OMSA conflicts with mega-cli, though we may find that the latter is the
> more useful package.  Both are pretty byzantine, the Dell stuff simply
> doesn't have docs (in particular: docs on how to interpret the omconfig
> log output).
>
> Ideally we'd like something which could be run as a Nagios plugin or
> cron job providing information on RAID status and/or possible disk
> errors.  Probably both, actually.

I can't speak about nagios, but I have my OMSA setup to send traps, but for critical errors to also send emails and it works well for us.

If you link the shared lib (forget the paths) and install megacli with --nodeps you can have both installed.

-Ross