[CentOS] CentOS 5.5 does not recognise SAS drives with LSI 1068E Controller

Wed Mar 9 17:10:45 UTC 2011
Peter Peltonen <peter.peltonen at gmail.com>

Hi,

On Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 6:57 PM, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com> wrote:
> Some controllers want to map arrays to volumes and present the volumes
> to the OS instead of drives, so you have to go through the motions of
> assigning the resources to volumes and initializing them even if you
> only want one disk in the array or volume.

I am pretty sure this was done already as that was what I had been
told, and I remember seeing on the screen during the bootup messages
about the drives being initialized and RAID5 working ok. But its been
a while since I've been working with hardware issues so I will double
check this tomorrow and show you the config.

So is it so that the LSI 1068E Controller *should* be supported by
megaraid_sas driver and the net install should use it without any
driver disk needed?

Regards,
Peter