[CentOS] CentOS 5.5 does not recognise SAS drives with LSI 1068E Controller

Wed Mar 9 17:25:02 UTC 2011
compdoc <compdoc at hotrodpc.com>

> Hmm, I am not sure if I understand you correctly: are you saying
>That in the firmware configuration there might be an option that
>makes the disks invisible for the OS?

No, not as such. You just have to define the arrays: sssign the drives as
needed. It's a rare thing that a factory will set up the controller and
drives in a way that suits your needs.

I think you mentioned that Centos does see the controller, (but listing a
different number) and isn't seeing the drives. Which is why myself and
others are mentioning configuring the drives within the controller's bios.

The number Centos sees might just be the controllers chipset number rather
than the controller's part number...