[CentOS] Server hangs on CentOS 5.5

Thu Mar 10 00:15:25 UTC 2011
Michael Eager <eager at eagerm.com>

Dr. Ed Morbius wrote:

> You're NOT obliged to repeat information you've already posted (e.g.:
> home-brew system), but it's helpful to front-load data rather than have
> us tease it out of you.

No intention to have anyone tease information out of me.

The subject line says that the system is CentOS 5.5.  The other
info has been forthcoming, as much as I have been able to provide.
Sorry it wasn't all at the same time -- I didn't think that saying
the server was not a Dell or HP box was important.

>>> With what you've posted to date, it's not.
>> I could waste my time posting logs for you to tell me that they don't
>> point to any problem.  I'd rather skip that step.
>
> Krell forfend you should post relevant and useful information which
> might be useful in actually diagnosing your problem (or pointing to
> likely candidates and/or further tests).

The logs are uninformative.  No messages for hours before the crash.

Thanks for the help.

Michael Eager	 eager at eagercon.com
1960 Park Blvd., Palo Alto, CA 94306  650-325-8077