[CentOS] FTP accounts

Mon Mar 14 19:38:34 UTC 2011
Always Learning <centos at g7.u22.net>

On Mon, 2011-03-14 at 13:32 -0400, Josh wrote:

> It depends on the FTP server software you use. If you are using VSFTP,
> then you want to add or uncomment the following line in
> /etc/vsftpd/vsftpd.conf
> chroot_local_user=YES
> Save the changes. Restart VSFTPD. This will jail the user to their
> home directory.
> Taken from: http://centoshacker.com/kabir/remove-access/creating-a-chroot-jail-enabled-ftp-service.html

But do read the .conf file

------------
# You may specify an explicit list of local users to chroot() to
# their home directory.
# If chroot_local_user is YES, then this list becomes a list of
# users to NOT chroot().
# (default follows)
# chroot_list_file=/etc/vsftpd/chroot_list

You can, instead, add the users name to the "chroot_list_file". Then
don't active "chroot_local_user=YES". I use the file and have these
lines active in vsftpd.conf

chroot_list_enable=YES
chroot_list_file=/etc/vsftpd/chroot.list

With best regards,

Paul.
England,
EU.