[CentOS] security updates?

Thu Mar 17 17:24:44 UTC 2011
Chris Weisiger <cweisiger at bellsouth.net>

--- On Thu, 3/17/11, m.roth at 5-cent.us <m.roth at 5-cent.us> wrote:

> From: m.roth at 5-cent.us <m.roth at 5-cent.us>
> Subject: Re: [CentOS] security updates?
> Date: Thursday, March 17, 2011, 11:35 AM
> Alain Péan wrote:
> Viglieno<neil at viglieno.net>
> was announced to be ready last
> <snip>
> migrate to another distro to upgrade.
> ready last week?
> <snip>
> >> This is the original message :
> >> http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-devel/2011-March/007061.html
> > And on Karanbir twitter account :
> > "@ilukeberry <http://twitter.com/ilukeberry> not this week for
> 5.6,
> > *hope* to get it public early next week ( so before
> Wednesday the 9th
> > March ). 3:48 AM Mar 3rd
> <snip>
> Notice the word *HOPE*. If you want an announcement, it
> would be on
> <http://centos.org>, not from a twitter account (even
> if it is
> Karanbir's).
>
>          mark

Here is my 2 cents.

I really appreciate all the people involved with the building and rebranding of redhat to create the centos distribution. If i had the time and dedication, I would definitely put forth the effort to help, but I cant, and therefore I dont complain about when updates get built. At times, to learn more about how things are done, I have downloaded the spec files and or src files and built several rpms to update my system. From what I learned, just looking through the spec and src files is time consuming, BUT building the files to create the RPMS is a whole other issue, which seems to take forever at times, depending on how many you are building.

So all you people complaining about when the updates will be out, leave the guys alone, let them do their jobs and the updates will appear. So again.......in the meantime, if you want the updates quicker, LEARN TO DO IT YOURSELF and you will get a better understanding of what happens and why it can take so long to get the updates pushed out.

Thats my 2 cents and once again the people of who developed centOS, I appreciate all you do.

Chris